Goat meat Cooked with lentils to make lipsmacking Dal Gosht curry!
Thank You Mr Rishi Gaekwad for sharing this recipe with us!
Ingredients for Dal Gosht:
- Split Gram lentil (Chana Daal) 1 cup
- Mutton 1 inch pieces 750 grams
- Onion ,chopped 4 large
- Green chillies – Slit 2
- Green chillies – Chopped 2
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger Garlic paste 2 teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds
- Cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Tamarind 2 large
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves-Chopped 3 tablespoons
Method: Part 1-
• In a pressure cooker, put 1 cup of Chana Daal and 2 cups of water
• Add Salt as per taste, 3 Tomatoes, 3-4 Green Chillies (not chopped but sliced from middle), 2 sliced Onions, Some Cinnamon and 6-8 Curry leaves
• Pressure cook this mix till Daal is boiled and is soft.
• Meanwhile , in a separate container take some Tamarind – wash it properly with water and then make a paste by crushing tamarind with little water and keep this aside
• Now remove the pressure cooker lid and mash the entire content. Do not make it a paste – just ensure all tomatoes are crushed and add the Tamarind paste into this. Mix the content and keep it separately.
• Take another pressure cooker, heat oil in it and add cumin seeds, 2 sliced Onions and 2 chopped green chillies
• Fry the Onions till they turn golden brown and then add Ginger-Garlic paste + Mutton pieces and fry for 5 minutes
• Put Garam Masala , Turmeric powder, Dhania powder and Red Chilli powder and fry for 2 minutes
• Add 2 cups of water and salt as per taste
• Put the lid on the cooker and pressure cook it till the meat is tender
• Remove the lid and mix the Daal mixture into this mutton mixture. Stir and make this boil for 2-3 minutes.
• Add Coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice
Got a recipe to share with us?? Just click here to submit your recipe and get it published on Recipeonclick.com!
Disclaimer: This is a user submitted recipe. Though every possible measure is taken to keep a check on authenticity of claim that the recipe shared on recipeonclick by the user genuinely belong to him/her, still the website/ owners cannot be held responsible if there is a violation of copyright.If you feel that the recipe belongs to any blog/site/electronic media, kindly let us know by filling this contact form and we will surely remove the same!
This post was submitted by Rishi Gaekwad.