For Manchurian balls:
Makes 12-14 Manchurians
- 1 Carrot (orange) grated
- 1 small Delhi carrot (optional) grated
- 1 cup grated cauliflower
- 1/2 cup grated cabbage
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 bread slices ( dip in water and squeeze well)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or finely chopped/crushed 5 cloves of garlic)
- 1 tsp ginger paste (or crushed 1″ piece of ginger)
- Salt as needed
- 1 tbsp of All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of cornflour
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp black/white pepper powder
- 2-3 pinches of Ajinomotto (optional..I skipped this)
- Oil for frying
For Manchurian Sauce:
- 1″ piece of garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 6-7 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1-2 Green chillies finely chopped
- Salt ( be careful, since soya sauce is salty)
- 1-2 tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Vinegar, with 2 pinches of sugar dissolved in it
- 1 heaped tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
- Black or white pepper powder 1-2 pinches
- 3-4 tsp of Cornflour mixed with 4 tbsp of water (You might need more if gravy is not thick as required)
- 1-2 tbsp of oil
- 2 tbsp greens of Spring Onion to garnish
For making Vegetable Manchurian Balls:
- Mix the grated vegetables and steam these till soft(I used Microwave steamer,and steamed the vegetables for 3-4 minutes)
- Mix all the ingredients, given under ‘Manchurian balls’ except oil for frying.
- Note:If you are steaming on stove top, you vegetables will have some water retained..in that case just squeeze out any extra moisture and retain the liquid to add in sauce. Microwaving will not only steam vegetables, but also the extra moisture is taken care of.
- Bind all the ingredients in a dough and make pingpong sized balls.Fry one manchurian first to check if it breaks.In that case add some more cornflour or bread crumbs/bread dipped in water and squeezed
- Fry manchurians on medium flame till blackish brown in colour.Drain on kitchen towel.
For Making Manchurian Sauce:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped ginger garlic, saute for a while, add chopped chillies and onion and saute till translucent.
- Take the pan off the gas, and add sauces, and vinegar.Put the pan back on the gas and stir the sauce well. Cook for 2 minutes and add 2-3 cups of water.
- Add salt, pepper and cook further till gravy boils for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cornflour paste gradually, mixing well.
- Let the sauce thicken, adding more cornflour paste if needed.
- For serving, just heat the sauce and add manchurian balls, add chopped greens of spring onion and serve with either Hakka Noodles, Veg. fried rice or schezwan rice
This post was submitted by admin.