An eggless, no bake, no gelatin, no agar agar, strawberry cheese cake.
To make crust
- 1 small pack of digestive biscuits/Marie/Graham crackers (I used 10 Marie biscuits and 5
- chocolate chip cookies)
- Melted butter 3 tsp
- Cocoa powder (optional 1 heaped tbsp)
For the cheesecake layer:
- 1 cup crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3/4th cup cream cheese
- 1 cup thick yogurt,tied in muslin cloth for 20 minutes to let the excess water drained out.You can use any flavored yogurt too.
- 1/2 cup Fresh cream
- 1 cup Icing sugar (More or less, depends upon the cream cheese used.If its salted, more sugar is needed. Also if paneer is store brought it will be salty.So better to make paneer at home, without adding any salt)
For Strawberry layer:
6-7 Fresh strawberries
Any Jam or marmalade of your choice (I used mixed fruit jam) 2-3 tsp (depending upon how tart the berries are !)
- Pound/dry grind/process the biscuits till coarse. Add cocoa powder and melted butter and
- mix gently.The mixture will resemble bread crumbs.
- Take the spring foam pan, and slightly grease it with a tissue paper dipped in oil/melted butter.
- Spread the biscuit mix evenly and gently level the surface using a small, flat base bowl/katori.Refrigerate this mixture for about 30 minutes.
- To make cheese layer,mix crumbled paneer(I made paneer at home by mixing 2 tsp of curdin approximately 700 gms of boiling milk.The curdled milk was strained using a cheese cloth and allowed to drain for 15 minutes.The amount of paneer that could be obtained varies with the type of milk. So donot worry if you get more or less paneer), cream cheese, half of the icing sugar, and mix well.Add the drained yogurt and whisk well till smooth texture is obtained.
- Now take a chilled bowl and whisker, and place it on bed of ice .In the chilled bowl, pour the fresh cream and 1/2 cup icing sugar and whisk well till it is thicker and bit pale.Do not over beat or it will end up in buttery stuff.Just a shade paler than original is fine.
- Add this to the cheese mixture and gently fold everything.Taste it and if its salty(if using salted cream cheese) add some more icing sugar.
- Now spread this mixture on the top of biscuit layer and even it with spatula or knife.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- For strawberry layer, take the hulled strawberry, and blend to make a puree.In a pan, melt the marmalade or jam (use one tbsp of water if needed) and add strawberry puree. Mix it well and let it cool till mixture reaches around room temperature.Pour this layer over cheese cake and refrigerate back for 6-8 hours.
- NOTE: Ideally cheesecakes needs 2-3 hours of refrigeration. But this cake needed 6 hours or so.Keep a check after 3 hours.If it isnt set refrigerate back.
- To make a perfect cheese layer you can use agar agar (Check the recipe here )
This post was submitted by admin.