A quick fix, delicious Chinese style Vegetable fried rice recipe !
- 2 Cups of rice, soaked for half hour
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 small white onions/ spring onions/ red onion finely chopped
- 11/2 Cup chopped vegetables(French beans, carrot, capsicum, baby corn)
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar with few pinches of Sugar
- 2-3 green chillies (depending upon your preference)
- Ajinomotto (optional, I didn’t used any)
- 1/4 tsp White/black pepper powder
- Sal as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- Spring onions chopped (for garnish)
- Soak, rinse well and cook rice with some salt and water till al dente (almost cooked)
- Drain excess water using colander and keep aside for 10-15 minutes (You can use strainer)or till completely dry.Fluff with a fork.
- In a wok or pan, add oil, add ginger garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add onion and saute till translucent (Do not let it brown)
- Add chopped chillies, chopped vegetables and some salt ( remember there is salt in rice and also in soya sauce). Stir fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and soya sauce.Add vinegar and mix gently.You can add pepper powder and ajinomotto (optional)
- Stir fry on high heat but make sure not to let the rice burn or stick to the bottom of pan.If sticking, just sprinkle some water or transfer the rice to microwave safe bowl and cook on ‘High’ for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped greens on spring onions and serve hot with Vegetable manchurian in sauce
This post was submitted by admin.