- Potato – 4 to 6 medium
- Onion – 1 big, finely chopped
- Fresh or frozen peas – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1 big, grated
- Curry leaves – few
- Coconut milk – 1/4 cup(I used ready coconut powder and added it in warm water)
- Salt to taste
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp (I use MTR product which is mild but gives good aroma)
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Wash the potatoes. Prick all over.
- Keep in the microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes or if your M/W has the option to boil the potatoes(I have) cook it with the option on for 5 minutes.
- Allow it to cool. Peel the skin and cut into cubes.
- Cook the peas also in M/W on HIGH for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Take a M/W safe bowl, add the onions directly.Keep on HIGH for 3 minutes and let the onions fry and change the color.
- Next add the tomato and mix it. Cook on HIGH for 3 minute, stir in between.
- Remove it. Add all the dry powders. Cook for half a minute. Now other remaining ingredients except the coriander. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Keep it in the M/W for few minutes.
- Open and transfer it into the serving bowl. Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Aloo matar sabji is ready to serve.
This post was submitted by Nivedita.